From: Christopher Clark <cjkkclark-at-comcast.net>
Subject: Re: when it works right [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:46:47 -0500

John,
I love the clips! You really feel like the commander with his head outside the cupola! My brother and I are developing a system so we can use his camcorder in the panther turret. It's very compact yet shoots some great quality video. We tested it out this weekend to see if it could track a paintball and it performed fantastic. While it will be great to just record and then watch it back like that, we are envisioning actually using it as a firing guide. The turret controls will be independent so he can theoretically just be watching a TV screen, say, back at the car, while I am driving it around.
My question for you and everyone else is what kind of transmitter/receiver should I look for? I am not very familiar with wireless gadgets but I know I should go for the 2.4 ghz range and I imagine different transmitters send different lines of resolution, right? Or am I wrong and any transmitter will do (assuming adequate range, etc.)
Chris "trying to make this as real as possible" C.