From: "Jeremy F." <happydude20-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Hetzer's Gun Effectiveness/Gun Elevations
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:41:01 -0500

I was wondering how the non-traversing gun on the Hetzer worked out.  Mainly were there any aiming difficulties, was it possible for accurate longer range shots, and is the whole idea of a tank destroyer workable in RC tank combat?  I'd personally love to see and perhaps one day build a Jagdpanther so I was wondering if this was at all a good idea for battle.

On a side-note, I can't seem to figure out how people get effective elevate mechanisms.  By my count, a radio controller has two sticks.  If one is dedicated to the steering and power, that leaves on stick for controlling fire, traverse, and elevate.  Since there are four main positions on a stick and assuming that you need three for two-way turret traverse and gune firing, how do people elevate AND depress their guns.

Thanks