From: JOHN PITTELLI <jplily-at-yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hetzer's Gun Effectiveness/Gun Elevations
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:35:50 -0700 (PDT)

Jeremy: You use a transmitter that has more channels.
For instance,my radio left joy stick is power and turn
control. right stick turret rotate, left toggle to
fire and right toggle for elevate. Joe sent some info
regarding the Hetz.  John" still cleaning paint"
Pittelli
--- "Jeremy F." <happydude20-at-hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
I was wondering how the non-traversing gun on the
Hetzer worked out.  Mainly were there any aiming
difficulties, was it possible for accurate longer
range shots, and is the whole idea of a tank destroyer
workable in RC tank combat?  I'd personally love to
see and perhaps one day build a Jagdpanther so I was
wondering if this was at all a good idea for battle.

On a side-note, I can't seem to figure out how people
get effective elevate mechanisms.  By my count, a
radio controller has two sticks.  If one is dedicated
to the steering and power, that leaves on stick for
controlling fire, traverse, and elevate.  Since there
are four main positions on a stick and assuming that
you need three for two-way turret traverse and gune
firing, how do people elevate AND depress their guns.

Thanks