From: JOHN PITTELLI <jplily-at-yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: fiberglass layer(s) [TANKS]
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

 Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt-at-rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> So since part of the upper hull of my tank is 1/4"
> ply, how strong is it and will it withstand
> paintball shots without fiberglassing?  Or am I
> going to have to fiberglass it?
>
>   Derek

       My Comet is skinned with 1/4 ply, then
fiberglass matte with final layer of cloth. Makes the
hull paint tight and virtually indestructible. Which
is a good thing in our hobby. I think Paul or Will had
some 1/4" with just resin that eventually cracked
under battle conditions. I've taken the Tyng battle
test, point blank, no problems. Build it strong is my
motto. After all, it is a TANK , baby. LOL.

John