From: "Darren Baker" <hobbydarren-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: battery packs [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:14:04 -0700

The  idea is quite sound as long as you don't make the mistake of puting 5
alkalines in the holder one day to keep going, the idea of using five cells
is to get a full six volts. 5 NiMh cells -at- 1.2 volts each as apposed to 4
alkalines -at- 1.5 volts each. Thus 5 Alkalines would be 7.5 volts and I don't
know if it would like it.