From: "Steve Tyng" <stevet-at-stcharlesmd.com>
Subject: RE: battery packs [TANKS]
Date: 4 Jan 2005 08:57:00 -0500

Nick wrote:

> Who has the best advice about Hitec servo battery needs here?

I used a Hitec 1/4" scale servo (HS705MG) for the elevate in the T005.  For power I
wired it directly to a small 6volt lead acid battery.  It worked fine.  On the tank
I'm building now I have even a larger servo (Hobbico CS-80).  I'm going to forgo the
rechargeable battery route and just use four alkaline AA or C-cell batteries to
power the turret (elevate and turret Rx).

I recommend wiring any large scale servo power leads directly to your power source.
It will save you a lot of frustration chasing down Rx glitches later on.

    Steve T.