From: "Derek Engelhaupt" <tankme-at-gmail.com>
Subject: Re: wasting paintballs on army men? what about a water machine gun?[TANKS]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:48:30 -0600

Unfortunately, my RS80D speed controller has an 80mm fan on the top of it for cooling reasons.  No way to completely waterproof it unless I seal it up so it overheats.  Putting servos and recievers in bags is a good idea (used to do that on my Tamiya cars), but it really isn't practical on the RS80D.  Most of the tanks also have some sort of fan systems for cooling the motors which also could not be sealed up.  Those EV Warrior motors get mighty hot.  On a ship, you can use the water to cool your motors by wrapping copper tubing around them to draw the heat off of them.

Derek