From: Robert Currie <rctanksrcool-at-yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: BIG Target [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 16:46:34 -0400 (EDT)

6 more tanks in Maryland alone! .....Darn there goes my hopes at T040.. :  (

Robert(Savering the Build) Currie

Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com> wrote:
jon s kowitz wrote:
> just a random thought, was browsing the site (for about the millionth
> time) and how hard would it be to add a few additional webpages so that
> you can organize everything into "operational" and
> "under-construction"? It's kinda hard to tell how many vehicles there
> are in the hobby right now.

Be careful of what you ask for. Take a look at:

http://www.rctankcombat.com/statistics

for the beginning of what will be a long list of statistics drawn from
our fledgling database of assets and battles. Feel free to suggest
additional stats, serious or otherwise.

Also, to the original question of how many vehicles are operational vs
under-construction, that actually isn't easy to answer, because quite a
few vehicles and artillery pieces are being built but haven't been
granted a designation yet. For example, there are at least 6 tanks
being built in the Maryland area alone that will probably be operational
in time for the fall battles, but that haven't been designated yet.
My rough estimate, based on the mailing list and private emails, is that
there are over two dozen tanks and armored cars at various stages of
construction around the world in the "pre-designation" phase. That
means that the total number of operational vehicles could easily double
by the end of this year.

Growth in the hobby is accelerating thanks to the hard work of lots of
members around the world.

Frank P.