From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-pittelli.com>
Subject: Re: fall foliage
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:25:57 -0400

Joe Sommer wrote:

> At Anvilus we continually strive to build the cheapest and oddest vehicles
> in the R/C tank combat world.

Cheap, yes, but definitely not "inexpensive".  The plastic marvels
turned-out by the Anvilus Plastic Works have definitely achieved first
place in the "cheap-looking" category.  (Rumor has it that Fred Simms is
"easy" as well as "cheap" ;-)

However, with regard to "oddest", based on a series of spectator
interviews, exit polls, market acceptance panels and blind-tests
conducted by the world-famous O-de-Pact (Tri-Pact's exclusive Marketing
Agency based in Paris), the T-34 consistently comes out ahead of the
Hetzer in the "Oddity" category.  Apparently, the average spectator
considers the Hetzer to be more "cute" than "odd", because it reminds
them of a harmless child's toy, not a war machine.  In fact, the Hetzer
  got the highest score from the "Girls 4-10yrs" group, because they
thought it would be a nice vehicle for Barbie to drive around in.

> #T005, and your myopic misology to recognize the true ugliness
> of our Hetzer #T010, we will invade Maryland during October
> and paint your pretty little Tri-Pact tanks to match the glorious
> colors of the fall foliage.

Tri-Pact welcomes the oppportunity to once again ensure peace through
superior fire-power. New vehicles will be conducting field trials
shortly and will be ready to join the veteran force by the end of
October.  Furthermore, a growing group of volunteers will be on-hand to
help move Tri-Pact supplies and weapons as needed on the battlefield.

        Frank "Bring It" Pittelli