From: "Aahz." <erickkilmer-at-comcast.net>
Subject: Greetings.
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:45:24 -0700

        Hello, my name is Erick Kilmer; most people call me Aahz which is a
long story. I've been lurking on the list for about a week now and reading
things posted to the website for much longer. Of course as a new person I've
got all sorts of questions, I've done some research on the list archives so
I'll ask the ones I wasn't able to look up. I'll probably cover a lot of
ground here so bear with me.
        First off, do any of you happen to be in the Pacific Northwest,
preferably Seattle area?
        Second, it looks like my chassis will be aluminum since I know how
to weld and prefer working with metal, I expect the skin to be either lexan
or aluminum but I've not decided. Now I don't expect it to be too heave
depending on final weight are nylon gears going to be enough or should I
look at aluminum or steel? I would hate to shred gears at an inopportune
moment.
        Next is a question about the rules. Why are Proto-type and
non-production tanks not allowed? I've always been a big fan of the odd ball
tanks.
        Aside from proto-types my favorite tanks are the Konigstiger and the
British Mark I-VI series. The turret on the Konigstiger will probably make
it my choice but if I do find some reasonable 40cal markers then the Mark
series might win out.
        I am currently in the design stages and it will be a bit before I
have anything to show, my design background is CADD and I can be a bit
'detail oriented' at times. My thanks goes out to all of you who have
detailed your designs so well, it has been a fascinating read.

Aahz.