From: Barry Irick <scrocks-at-sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Semovente [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 15:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

She'll painted a desert yellowish color for sure.  Think I found the right paint already.  Trying to get some time to work on this holiday weekend, doubt it though.  RIght now working on setting up idelr and sprocket wheels for track set up.  Then make track.  Found hinges just perfect size as original track, but screw holes just wide enough for bogies and bolt WITHOUT the nut.  Nut will be in way of wheels.  May try soldering bolts to hinge (plumbing solder, wont break).

Rear panel on hull is 1/4 inch ply (sides and bottom are 1/2"), think it should be strong enough for holding eye bolts for idler axle?  Or reinforced?

Barry

Chrysanthos Kanellopoulos <xchrysk-at-otenet.gr> wrote:
Looks great BArry. Would love to see your Semovente finished and painted. We need to see a tan /sand color scheme in the RC combat forum! IN fact, if I may, there are primers in a spray can with a flat , matt sand yellow spray paint.  It resists weathering as it is a primer.

I am thinking of mounting a BB gun with plastic pellets, about 5 mms. Ball painting pistols are kind of expensive in europe. I have not mounted a gun to my RC tank yet, so I am enjoying manoeuvrability, trying various terrains and obstacles.  Lots of fun.  Dogs in the parks just hate it! Believe it or not, sandy terrain, like a beach, is worst of all. My tank sinks and floats in the sand  and it is only 20 kgrs heavy. Fine sand has no traction at all. I noticed that the iron tracks do not rust at all. They are constantly sort of "sanded"  in the dirt and little rocks as they run.

CHrys