From: "John Barager" <gogetta20-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: RE:Little Willie [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:32:21 -0300

If I remember correctly, and I've never been to Bovington, only have
pictures of it there, they have the "Little Willie" set up as the version
using the Holt Tractor tracks and running gear. Which was technicly named
the Triton No.1 Machine. Little Willie was the nickname given to the vehicle
after it was taken apart and rebuilt with all new tracks and running gear
that had no suspension.

But I'm just nit-picking pointless details.

- John

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>
From:  <i>&quot;Marc en Wendy&quot;
&lt;marcmethorst-at-zonnet.nl&gt;</i><br>Reply-To:
wrote:<br><br>&gt;I've never heard of Little Willie being fitted with
armaments, just <br>&gt;proposed to be fitted with them. I'm not even sure
where the gun <br>&gt;would have gone, although a top mounted turret is what
I've read.<br><br>Last July I went to the Bovington Tank museum and saw
Little Willie. As far as I remember from the sign it was a caterpillar
prototype vehicle. The inside is completely removed, only the backbone
chassis and drivetrain are still present. The text below is taken from the
Tank Museum website (http://www.tankmuseum.org/colevolution.html)<br><br>
   Little Willie<br>      When William Tritton and Walter Wilson started
work on Landship design in the summer of 1915, they built this vehicle and
fitted it with imported American tracks. These proved unsuitable so new
tracks were devised which were successful. Little Willie is displayed, in a
''it's not the size that matters'' M.<br>Holland<br><< evolution2.jpg >>