From: "Steve Tyng" <SteveT44-at-comcast.net>
Subject: RE: More Cromwell Pics [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:06:59 -0400

Chris wrote:

> When you fire your gun does the pressure keep it steady,
> because of the force against the trigger is mounted solid???

I haven't fired it yet in it's present configuration.  Will let you know.

> What sort of marker is that, and how much do they cost???

It is a Sheridan XTS semi-auto.  Out of production for several years now.
This was a factory refurb I found for $29US.  You can find them on eBay
every now and then.  The XTS has a nice front handle that I'm using for the
elevate pivot (after some excellent machining by Frank).  I used headset
bearings and cups meant for a bicycle for the pivot to ride in.

> That setup looks a lot less confusing than the T-34's.

I learned a few things on the T34!  Also, the T34 was designed to get the
full 10 degree elevate allowed by the rules (the T34 can actually go to 12
degrees) which required a more complicated design.  I didn't have that
requirement with this tank.

> What are your plans for the hopper and the cover, or is that top secret???

I'm building those today.  Will post more pics later.

> What sort of speed does that rotate give you???

One second rotate.   ;-)

> Anyway looking real good.

Thanks

Steve T.