From: Will Montgomery <wsmontg5-at-netscape.net>
Subject: Re: Track and suspension [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:18:14 -0500

>> Will shoot on the move capabilty come next?
>
> Not hard to imagine given the state of todays electronics, cost of
> same to include lasers or gyros, and the electronic skills of
> modelers.  Not sure if such would detract from gameplay or not.  It'd
> need experimentation to really know.  Now auto-targeting and firing -
> not good.  And before someone saws it's not possible, we have a guy in
> my warship hobby who is building just that.  To darn many engineers
> like to model and love a challenge.  :)  As long as it's R&D what's it
> hurt.

> Tim

Carl Camurati built a firing system for  boats that wouldn't allow the
gun to fire unless a ship was in the kill zone. He built this 15 years
ago using photography auto focus and range sensors.  But the Allies
outlawed it.  If you have auto firing I guess all the tanks will have to
have IFF transponders.

Will