From: Michael Brix Husted Henriksen <mbhh-at-mbhh.de>
Subject: Paintball markers and design ideas [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:16:43 +0100

Hi Tankers

I have started sourcing parts - spent a lot of time on Ebay.de in search
of suitable motors. I am keeping a close eye on some 200W scooter motors...

I decided on using chain an sprocket for gearing - belts and pulleys
turned out to be too expensive. Tracks will be treadmill style but since
I have to treadmill band available I plan to use seat belts. I have some
wood venetian blinds that look just right for cutting into track parts -
helps keep the cost down.

I have been looking around for paintball markers and this is where it
starts to get expensive. Even a lowly Splatmatic costs EUR 99 - app. USD
  130!! I am not sure buying one in the US is an option because there
could be restrictions on shipping. I would need to find someone to send
it in parts ;-) If anyone can suggest a cost effective solution I am all
ears. Legally I cannot make my own paintball gun here in Germany and
even modifying an approved one is probably not allowed. However I don't
plan to use it here and I won't rat on myself ;-)

I see that many of the tanks have no suspension. I would prefer to add
this and I don't find it complicated to do, just more work. I wonder how
much difference it makes when driving the tank though. Even my tiny 1/64
scale tank seems to drive better since I added suspension to the road
wheels. Any thoughts?

Best regards

Michael