From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-pittelli.com>
Subject: Re: New tank
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:41:11 -0500

ZBoucher wrote:

>     Whats the buzz on tracks, what is the best?

Will Montgomery has just purchased 400 feet of heavy duty roller chain
with attachments at a really good price.  Each link is 1.5" long, with a
right-angle attachment flange on each side of each link.  The attachment
flanges make it very easy to attach 1.5" wide treads to the chain to
form a sturdy track.  Then, simply add the appropriate drive and idler
sprockets on each end and you've got a very durable tank track.

I think he said that the track will be arriving in the middle of
December, at which point I'm sure he'll have a complete track built a
few days later and we can post photos to the web site.

>  I have alot of pic of it how can I get them on this site.

Just send the photos to me as a set of private emails, including the
captions that you'd like to show on the web site, and I'll post them in
a few days.  My mail server imposes a 1Mb per message limit, so you may
need to send more than one message to stay under that limit.

Look forward to seeing the work you've done so far.

Also, please post some more information about the motors that you'll be
using.  Lots of guys are searching for the appropriate motors right now,
so any information you have in that area would be helpful.

        Frank P.