From: Lief G Goodson <liefg-at-juno.com>
Subject: .40 Cal gun testing
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:40:21 -0500

I received my high volume poppet (MJV-2) valve in the mail today and hook
it up to my .40 caliber test system.  The valve performed as hoped.
Using standard R/C warship combat CO2 components, this valve increased
the effective range of the gun to 50-60 feet, with a maximum range of
over 120 feet.  The test system is "standard" and has not been customized
for performance and consists of the following:
- standard Clippard 10/32 barb fittings with the urethane 3814-6 hose (-at-
1/4" O.D.)
- A 24" aluminum blow tube (I found some PVC tubing that actually works
better)
- A "Williams" brass regulator with a 150 PSI spring
- A 12 gram CO2 cylinder with an adapter (my 9oz tank was empty)
Note: I was NOT using an expansion chamber
I will install a full R/C gun in my M5 or M8 this weekend and send
photos!