R/C Tank Combat

Tank #T072

Index   Edit

 |< << Page 2 of 4 >> >| 


Click Photo For Enlargement (131 Kb)
 
Here you can see the drive sprockets under construction. I used 1/8” steel, bolted together with brass bushings & some bolts to keep it aligned properly. When assembled, I used a section of PVC pipe as a covering for the bolts & bushings. It aligned with the tacks perfectly.

Here is a view of the drive sprocket assembly temporarily placed on the tank.
 

Click Photo For Enlargement (173 Kb)


Click Photo For Enlargement (192 Kb)

Here are one of the drive sprocket assemblies on a section of track to check for alignment.
 

Click Photo For Enlargement (195 Kb)


Click Photo For Enlargement (111 Kb)
 
Here is the final drive cover with a flange bearing installed. It also has a track alignment wheel installed.

The final drive. I used three flange bearings for each drive axle, making it very stable. I cut a channel into the drive axle for a shear key on the roller chain sprocket.
 

Click Photo For Enlargement (195 Kb)


Click Photo For Enlargement (281 Kb)
 
Here you can see the M01 motors and the electronics mounted in the tank. I was not able to find a wiring terminal barrier strip at the time, when I was ready to construct this portion of the build. So instead, I just made one myself. It looks a little odd, but works just fine.

I made a protective cover for the electronics’ out of a scrap piece of PVC to prevent any short circuits or any foreign debris from getting into it.
 

Click Photo For Enlargement (200 Kb)


Click Photo For Enlargement (246 Kb)
 
Here is a picture of the Panther with the tracks installed. I am using FOA tracks while I wait for new ones to be machined out of steel. So far they work just fine.

Here is a picture of the Panther with the turret assembly sitting on top of the hull. I inserted a piece of PVC into the gun mantlet to get an idea of how it would look.
 

Click Photo For Enlargement (230 Kb)

 |< << Page 2 of 4 >> >|