From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com>
Subject: Re: 1/6 scale [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:38:59 -0400

Stacy Hilton wrote:
> I sure must have stirred up a hornets nest to get all three of you guys
> after me.  I didn't mean to offend anyone.

No offense taken.  We just want to make sure people are focused on the
right things ... getting tanks built, battling them and having fun ...
the rules are a necessary evil and have to walk a fine line between fun,
safety and competition (in that order).

When Will and I founded the hobby, we had over 10 years of R/C warship
experience each, where complex and vindictive rule changes caused deep
divisions in the national organization, often for meaningless purposes.
  We vowed to not only make the tank rules simple, but to encourage
technical innovation, safety and a "balanced" game.  To our knowledge,
no rule provides anyone or any vehicle with an unfair advantage. And, I
can assure you that a number of very innovative people in the hobby are
more than capable of finding and exploiting such loopholes, but they
haven't found any yet.  More importantly, the rules have evolved
continuously as the result of lessons learned on the battlefield.

        Frank P.