From: "Derek Engelhaupt" <tankme-at-gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tracks [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:58:45 -0500

I'm not building a Tiger I, but a Sturmtiger.  I am using a 3/4 drive
shaft since the roller chain sprockets I could find in a 5 1/4"
diameter were 3/4 centerbore.  They are heavy and beefy, but hopefully
they will support the two strands of 50 pitch roller chain and track
pad weight just fine.  I should post a pic of my chassis progress, but
my digital camera has somehow disappeared in my move up north.  I do
have the lower chassis complete with one side of over-lapping wheels
mounted on it.  My build is slow due to the large amount of hand
fitting of the suspension componants.  I had to make the suspension
arms overlap also since I cut them a little too long and I don't want
to have to re-fabricate all 16 arms.  The overlapping arms works well,
it just requires a lot of trial and error.

Derek (new business owner with little time to build) Engelhaupt