From: "Michael Clark" <ironnerdcom-at-gmail.com>
Subject: Re: rocket tank [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 09:36:52 -0400

I remember trying to do something like that in my misspent youth. I never could get them to stabilize in flight. Even adding fins didn't help much. I think it was a scaling issue. The engines weren't long enough for the fins to actually do anything but create weird air patterns.

And then one blew up in the launch tube and I decided that from that point on, I'd let my brother light the fuse.

On 9/7/07, Chrysanthos Kanellopoulos <xchrysk-at-otenet.gr> wrote:
That's exactly why I wondered how people in a public park just stare at
it... And that's exactly why the only thing I wanted to know is more about
his tracks.

> Firing rocket motors in this fashion contravenes the NAR Model Rocket
Safety Code (see http://www.nar.org/NARmrsc.html), possibly violates
Federal/State/local firearms law, and, most importantly, really is
dangerous.

Chrys