From: Mike Lyons <mxlyons-at-cox.net>
Subject: Re: rocket tank [TANKS]
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:02:05 -0400

Not "this" hobby (R/C Tank Combat), but a perversion of it.

Firing rocket motors in this fashion contravenes the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code
(see http://www.nar.org/NARmrsc.html), possibly violates Federal/State/local
firearms law, and, most importantly, really is dangerous.  At the end of the main
burn, after a delay, they fire a blast in the forward direction, intended to eject
the nosecone and parachute of a rocket.  Fired in the manner shown, you could easily
hurt someone badly (especially if they pick it up thinking it is done) or set fire
to something.

FYI, the body and tracks (and probably the motors etc) use the VEX Robotics system,
which I consider to be overpriced and too lightweight for our use.

---- Chrysanthos Kanellopoulos <xchrysk-at-otenet.gr> wrote:

This hobby is becoming dangerous ...