From: "Gene Burbeck" <gburb-at-advantagecs.com>
Subject: RE: cool tank-robot [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:02:56 -0400

"Gene, what kind of track design are you using?"

Snow blower tracks with my home-made track sprockets.

The tracks are too short for being rctankcombat legal, but that is not the intention of this project. What I'm trying to do here is make a prototype for a machine with similar capabilities to a soldier on a (REAL)battlefield. The prototype will use a paitball marker on a gyro-stabilized turret. The chassis will have two modes of driving: moving around like a tank - akin to a soldier crawling, and standing up like a segway to bring the marker to eye-level and shoot over obstacles. I've got the segway balancing and moving part working on a little wheeled platform of about three pounds, now I need to implement this control on the actual vehicle. The turret platform swivles above the chassis to stay horizontal and above the chassis in the two different driving modes - prone or standing.

Gene