From: <funkyneroc-at-ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: M24A CAD idlers [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 10:14:29 +0100

> From: Chrysanthos Kanellopoulos
>"I hope you don't mind that I am messing with teh Locust idea,"

Of corse I dont mind .I think the Locust will be a constant experiment from start to
finish.
Anyone can have a dabble.
I was`nt planning on using "(cheating)" guide disks,
I was going to rely on the guide teeth (bolts (M4 12mm)) to hold the tracks.

Neil R

 I can do the same to my tank if I replaced the steel tubes-spacers with compensating springs! Only it will be on the exterior! as seen Photoshoped in, in teh second attachment  (... added digitally). There is plenty of space there for small, strong springs. Last weeks' discussion on compensating idlers helped a lot.

I hope you don't mind that I am messing with teh Locust idea, however as I said I have not tried the hinge tracks on large rear wheels that touch teh ground, and without (cheating) guide disks.  I just wanted to offer an alternative.

Gotta go! have a great weekend everybody !

Chrys

front with spacers n springs.jpg