From: OdysseySlipways-at-aol.com
Subject: Re: Scale tires [TANKS [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:43:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2007 11:31:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ErickKilmer-at-comcast.net writes:
OdysseySlipways-at-aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/2/2007 4:39:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> sasquevaneach-at-aim.com writes:
>
>     I also found a Jap armoured car which is similar if you are into
>     big crude lumps of metal (with nice flat panels that are easy to
>     reproduce):
>
>     _http://ww2photo.mimerswell.com/tanks/jap/armerc/tge90.htm_
>
> did you take notice to the whels? they almost looked like tank road
> wheels with big, heavy notched carved into them for traction. other
> than that, they looked smooth

    Interesting thing about the spare wheel, it was mounted on a free
spinning hub to help with crossing ditches.

Aahz.
i was looking at the picture again, and i can't believe that the notches in the tires are random, they are spaced so far apart and appear on both rear wheels both with the same spaces and gaps