From: Martin Helsing <martin.helsing-at-earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: musings on infantry [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 21:11:07 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the clarification.

I am going to have a jeep and an Amtrac (LVT-4) that will be motive system test beds
and cargo vehicles.

Your description of a squad defending a trailer is great. the jeep would have the
central systems within it and the soldiers connected to it. The trailer would have
the ammo for reloading the rockets as they are fired. Each soldier would have a
solenoid/c02 cartridge "backpack"/rocket launcher, thus teh jeep would only
transport the 4 soldiers and the trailer wold only carry the 40 rounds tha tI would
use to manually reload each rocket launcher as it was fired.

Yes, the vehicle and trailer are vulnerable but diving into deep cover so that the
jeep cannot be seen will give it some protection then the grunts would be deployed
at the edge of cover. It would only take one hit to take out the jeep but you still
have to hit it :-) I might go with a half-track if the jeep doesnt give me enough
offraod capability.

Converting an Action Man or GI Joe would be difficult but making plywood cutouts is
a fantastic idea. Easy to identify and the 2-d construction makes it easy to hide
batteries, wires, etc.

A prone GI with a bazooka would be neat. A Dragon fired from a sitting position
would also work.

Thanks again,
Martin H