From: "Clark Ward Jr" <ki4gyt-at-gmail.com>
Subject: Re: modern armour (was aluminum cutting question) [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 20:18:32 -0400

Actually, those aren't MBTs :)  They're all light tanks, basically
because any heavy weapon will cleave one hair-to-heinie.  I love 'em
all, but I wouldn't want to fight any tanks with them.

As for aluminum, the Soviets had real problems with aluminum APCs in
Afghanistan... seems they had a problem that they would catch fire and
burn so hot, the aluminum would catch fire.  Icky place to be for
crunchies.

--
Clark
M60A1 "the Beast" under construction