From: "Henry Verheggen" <henryverheggen-at-earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Development Runs Rampant in Marlowville [TANKS]
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:52:53 -0400

The massive hedgehog defense works built by "the farmer" reminded me of the summers I spent in Switzerland when I was a wee lad. There were many places where the Swiss had built what I think were called "dragon's teeth" anti-tank defenses. They were very large concrete block-like obstacles arranged in three or more rows, that stretched across the countryside for miles. They were spaced such that any tank trying to crawl over them would get hung up, without the treads being able to get traction. I guess it would have been possible to get past these barriers either by putting a bridge over them or breaking them up with explosives. But that creates a chokepoint for supporting artillery to zero in on.