From: Steve Edwards <sedwards-at-awger.net>
Subject: Re: Terrain. [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 17:35:33 -0400

Aahz. wrote:
> JOHN PITTELLI wrote:
>> A typical farmhouse is usually 24' wide maybe 18' deep
>> and whatever a 2 story would be in height. I think
>> Steve Edwards once published  some drawings for a
>> simple structure.
>>
>      Not too bad, that's smaller than my tanks chassis in some ways. I
> got into modeling because I like making terrain and buildings and such.

I sized everything to maximize use of a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Nominal
size of the single-story building is 4ft wide, 2 ft deep, almost 3ft
tall (single sheet). Three sheets will get you two two-story buildings
(same width/depth, just taller) with some leftover. The church (three
sheets) is 5ft long, 3ft deep, and about 7ft tall at the steeple.

The design wasn't as sturdy as I'd like, I'll be revising it after they
hook up the power in the new shop. And I finish the closet. And build
the pantry.

(sigh)

    - Steve "and RMA the RAM on my PC" Edwards