From: Kevin Ross <kjrcartoons-at-yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: carbon etc. [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:06:29 +1100 (EST)

Hi Greg

just using carbon fibre would make it to brittle.

less is best.

my way would be first layer mate ,

sec - third would be chop strand

then run strips of carbon along bottom and where you
heed to stiffen.

other way would be to use foam sandwich.

there used to be a fibre mate for canoes that's good
too.

If using epoxy 1/8-1/4 white foam can be used.

epoxy is strong but will flex.

If using poll you have to use blue foam.

poll is not as flex as epoxy but is cheaper.

all best Kev