From: "Gene Burbeck" <gburb-at-advantagecs.com>
Subject: RE: Gene is building a tank! [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:56:55 -0500

Made some progress on the motor mount (for the tank drivetrain). Just need to attach the mount into the tank and the transaxel should be able to spin under power. At that point I'll be able to experiment and figure out how much braking force I actually need to stop one track. I'll want some overkill in the brake actuator's force and power so it doesn't overheat or break. The brakes *seem* to generate a LOT of braking torque for a small pull on the cable, but actual measurements still need to be taken to spec out the brake actuator.

Gene