From: "Derek Engelhaupt" <tankme-at-gmail.com>
Subject: Re: motors [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:39:29 -0600

I'm just using a standard #40 ANSI sprocket that I got from www.surpluscenter.com.  I was planning on using one of the pairs of the EV Warrior motors I have, but I may have found an alternative since I am really limited in space in the rear of my tank.  I could make the EV's work, but I'm not sure at this point if I WANT to make them work.  If I made them work, maintenance would be a major hassle.  I did find some that are similar to the ones Steve was selling.  The are on Ebay:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330060009617&rd=1&rd=1 .  These are 250W so I'm not quite sure if they have enough power or not.  I emailed the seller and the motors don't have a base that they mount to, they have holes in the face to facemount them.  Yet another alternative would be these motors, but I have ruled them out on this tank because of their large size:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330060009572&rd=1&rd=1 .  Those are rated for 36V-at-750W and at 24V they would end up putting out about 500W according to my calculations.  There is yet another alternative, but I'm not sure if I can let the cat out of the bag on that matter.

Derek

On 1/20/07, rcdude gt <rcmac143-at-hotmail.com> wrote:
derek where did you find the sprocket for that chain. and what motor are you
planning on using