From: Curt Benson <cbenson-at-fablab.net>
Subject: Re: Thank You Frank! [TANKS]
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:57:32 -0600

Here's a page from Vex's site with more crystals.   I believe you can
use the servo outputs on the receiver to interface with other speed
controllers which would make them useable for tanks.  (I haven't
tried it myself.)  I think you'd just have to hack their cables a bit.

I built one of their starter kits and was very impressed, especially
with the radio.  Radio Shack sold these kits but closed them out last
year because of poor sales.  The kits are still available and should
remain available.  They are great learning tools and are used in
schools.  I think the problem was that the $300 starter kit couldn't
do much.  You had to add a programming module and other accessories
to really do anything.  To really get full value, you'd probably need
to spend $600.  (Luckily I got my stuff for half price at the close
out sale.)  You might consider googling Mythbusters and Vex Kits to
see if you can find a review the Mythbusters did for Robot Magazine
of the Vex System.

http://www.vexlabs.com/vex-robotics-crystal-upgrade-kit.shtml

Curt Benson