From: "Marc en Wendy" <marcmethorst-at-zonnet.nl>
Subject: Bench testing cast track links [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:48:28 +0100

Today I 'bench tested' the track links that Sigi casted. Three links have been connected by 4 mm pins (see attached photo). Twisting the links shows that the polyurethane is very tough and a bit flexible, but returning to it's original form after releasing the force. When placing one of the link 'wings' in the vice and putting tension on the link itself it snapped, but that was to be expected.
Grinding the links over the pavement shows slight wear, like with hard wood. Because it is slightly flexible there might be a problem with stretching of the complete track due to (over)tensioning.

My first impression is that this is a suitable material for casting track links and I'd sure consider developing a track system using this method. And: it really looks the part!

Marc 'happy' M.
The Netherlands

20061202 006.jpg

20061202 008.jpg