From: "Carioti, John" <john.carioti-at-sensis.com>
Subject: RE: weekend battle, how was it? [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:59:09 -0500

Thanks for the great battle summary Frank!

I certainly had a great time.  It was fun to meet everyone- and sorry if
I accidentally shot anyone!

The Centaur held up pretty well for the first time out.  The biggest
issue was driving backwards- uphill.
My drive sprocket was slipping in the treads and the tank would grind
and produce a horrible noise until
enough teeth engaged and things got going.  Definitely something that
needs to be fixed.  Had a few other minor things happen, but nothing
critical.

I realized a few things after the battle:

I am a terrible shot.  It was really hard to hit moving targets.

Speed is everything.  Watching Steve's Cromwell zipping along made me
realize I need to move my big target a little faster or I am doomed to
get killed quickly!  The NPC motors will easily handle 36 volts- I may
just give it a try!

I have posted a few videos on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OxdHbyacI and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEtWi-PplrM

Will put more up over the weekend.  Also, I will post all of the
pictures Maureen took on Photobucket soon.

John