From: Joe Sommer <anvilus9-at-adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Video on your tank [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 07:48:45 -0400

Peter,

At 10:37 AM 10/15/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>I know that there have been some attempts at using a video camera to steer
>(and aim) a tank but this video proves what can be dome with a bit of
>ingenuity.
>http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-2237947353453839215&hl=fr
>Of course the camera would need gyro stabilisation on a tank but it is
>still very, very impressive!

Your camera, transmitter and receiver are obviously
much better than our early attempts.  We can easily
drive our tanks and visually acquire targets with video.
However we had trouble aiming the gun and seeing
hits at ranges beyond 30 meters (typical engagement
distance).

Do you have a paint ball gun or can you borrow one
from a friend?  If yes, it would be very interesting to
test if your camera can see paint balls as they are
fired and fly down-range to hit a target.

What camera, transmitter and receiver do you use
and what do they cost?

Joe

Joe Sommer, Anvilus Machine Works
2378 Nantucket Circle, State College, PA 16803
814.234.4773     anvilus9-at-adelphia.net
http://www.anvilus.com