From: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt-at-rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: tank combat with video [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

I can relate....I got my lower 80% done and realized it was about an inch too narrow.  Plus I cut some corners to get it done which were biting me in the rear end.  Long story short, I rebuilt the hull after a lot of lessons learned.  It is working out much better now.  There is a huge difference between how the ideas in my head play out and how they actually play out in practice.  I just keep pluggin away at it.  Even 5min here and 30min there.  Grind this, cut that.  It's a slow process for me, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.... :)

Derek

Showa <showa1-at-cox.net> wrote:
I have to say "Don't" let the size/complexity/etc scare you.... I have been
working on my tank for quite awhile and have done revisions already (just
building the hull)....I am learning as I go..... The BEST thing I ever did
was get to a battle and participate.......That's what keeps me plugging away
at it...Family and work come first...Then the tank (which equares to not
much time)....I WILL get it built but it just is sooooo slow....
These messages and battle reports keep me going...

Kurt "Desert Dogs" G