From: "Douglas Shannon" <professor03-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: $20 paintball markers [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:57:44 -0400

>From: BrendanKotlanger-at-aol.com
>
>Those guns are OK but their barrels have small bore for a paintball gun so
>they tend to pop paintballs in the bore.  The barrels are exactily .68 inch
>so if the balls are deformed or slightly swelled they will pop.  the spring
>that moves the bolt is slightly over powered so more co2 is released for
>each shot.

I'm not super familiar with this particular marker, but there are a couple
of things you can do to get better CO2 efficeincy:
- you should be able to swap out the valve spring to something heavier
- you can clip a couple of rings off thge main spring to make it shorter and
therefore lighter
- tinkering with these two metheds is how people "tune" their markers to
operate at peak efficeincy during regular play - not as important with
semi-autos using large capacity tanks, but people that play with
"stock-class" markers using 12 gram cartridges usually try to tune their
markers to get 30+ shots from a single 12gr cartridge.

I'm not sure what is avaible along the lines of after-market barrels, but
you can get a honing kit for about $100 that will take out enough material
to make barrel breaks less of an issue.

Doug S.