From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com>
Subject: Re: Question about a R/C kit please [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:08:27 -0400

Gordon Saunders wrote:
> If I may ask, has anyone had experience with this kit from Backyardarmor
> ( I think that's right ) ....
>
> http://www.backyardarmor.com/TAM56012.htm
>
> Is this a good place to order from ?  I tried to find it locally .. no
> luck though.

That's a 1:16 scale model, which is about 2.5 times smaller than the 1:6
scale that we use for battling.  If you want to start by building a
supply vehicle, one of the cheapest ways is to start with a 1:6 scale
plastic vehicle from a toy store that is un-motorized.   In fact, you
can probably find a 1:6 scale KUBELWAGEN at Toys 'R Us or Walmart.  I
think they are made by 20th Century Soldiers, which is a GI Joe-like
line of soldiers and equipment in 1:6 scale.

        Frank P.