From: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt-at-rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: Radio kit [TANKS]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 07:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

I just recently bought one so I wouldn't have to spend $75 per crystal for my older Futaba 9CAP which I sold.  In testing, it works great.  Also since it is in the 2.4Ghz spectrum, motor interference is not an issue.

Derek

Frank Pittelli <frank-at-rctankcombat.com> wrote:
Milenko wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I just came across this radio at Horizon Hobbies. Looks like it
> would be perfect for the tanks, especially as more and more people start
> showing up for battles.
>
> It's a 2.4 Ghz DSM radio, so no more changing crystals or worrying
> about interference. I believe there's 80 channels in the 2.4Ghz range,
> so that should allow plenty of room for growth. It's only about $50
> more expensive than a normal crystal radio.
>
> Here's the link:
>
> http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM2460

That's a very nice product and it works as advertised. The smaller
servos are provided because that model is targeted at the airplane
market. They are perfectly fine for activating switches for our
purposes. But, if you want larger servos, you can use any standard
servo, which can be bought for about $10 new or can be purchased used
for a couple of bucks.

Frank P.