From: OdysseySlipways-at-aol.com
Subject: Re: Radio kit [TANKS]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:48:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2006 9:10:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ka1201-at-houston.rr.com writes:

I looked at one of these at my local hobby shop.  The salesman was real high on them but I thought the servo’s seemed kinda puny.  I’m guessing it wouldn’t matter so much if your servo’s are only tripping switches but I know most people have a big servo for elevate and use an electric motor for traverse of their turret.  The tiny servos that com with this kit probably won’t cut it in that application.

Has anyone ever had problems with the elevate servo or traverse motor burning the receiver(any receiver not just the one Milenko linked to) by drawing too much juice?

Like you said, these servo's would be mainly used for tripping relays. Id think they'd be fine.

As for rasing and lowering the turret, I'm not sure how uses servo's or whatnot to make theirs work.

Chris,
Odyssey Slipways