From: OdysseySlipways-at-aol.com
Subject: [TANKS] latest on the Tiger I
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:53:15 EDT

Since I have received the Tiger, I have been gathering some info and buying (and waiting) for items for it.

So far I have 2 new motors for it. I have the mounting of the motors pretty much figured out on paper but am going to wait until I place and receive my order for chain, sprockets, bearings and collar clamps before I build all of that.

Well, I have finally gotten one of my two battery chargers in the mail today (ups) and just tried it on both of the batteries that came with the tiger. Neither will take a charge and are both dead, how ever, one of the smaller batteries is taking a charge.

At first I was thinking maybe the charger was at fault, but it doesn't look that way now.

Guess I'll have to look at some of the batteries on E-bay again unless I can find that electronics place over in NJ (H&R) that sold gel cell batteries. Come to think of it, I almost gave away 4 gells, I'll have to go get them Monday or Tuesday and charge them.

I called to inquire as to where my second charger is. The box was marked 1 of 1 but invoiced for 2. Why one would ship them in single boxes is beyond me. I have yet to hear anything.

This weekend I hope to meet up with Doug. He has some attachment chain and sprockets for me to look at that I may use (unless they seem too big). If something he has looks just right, I'll begin working up a set of final drawings for a tank that I can cast and mount to it. they will look something like the correct tread, or as close I can get with the design I am planning to go with.

Depending on how much I do in sales this weekend will depend if I go and get a paint ball gun to start playing around with. I may not only because I don't want get to spread out as I am still very busy with my business (I thought it might have slowed down a bit by now, but boy am I wrong -- not like I'm complaining about the money :p).

I do hope to order the chain, sprockets, links, bearings and such for mailing the power train so I can get that together without he motor mounts and try this puppy (kitty) out.

Chris,
Odyssey Slipways