From: "Doug Conn" <dwconn404-at-comcast.net>
Subject: RE: RE: WiFi HMMWV update + gearing question [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 21:29:23 -0400

It's a kit from the Velleman company. You can read about it and buy it here:

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=K805
5

8 digital out channels
4 digital inputs
2 analog in
2 analog or PWM out

The board is more complex than is required, but it's cheap and it works. I
had to modify the output channel circuits a little. If you had PIC
programming tools, it would probably be better to make a little board for
yourself. This one comes with a DLL for custom programming. The PWM is not
R/C servo compatible, but it is compatible (I think ... there may be an
issue here) with the motor controller I selected
(http://www.pololu.com/products/pololu/0205/ ). In retrospect, I don't think
I'd use this motor controller again. It was a low budget choice. Since I
have spare R/C channels available anyway, I may end up replacing it with one
of the IFI Victors I found on EBay. In that case, the PC parallel port may
be able to supply all the DIO I need and the USB IO board would not be
required, either. Time will tell.

I consider this one a prototype vehicle. I plan to complete it, battle it,
learn from it, and then start again on a tank.

        - Doug