From: Kevin Ross <kjrcartoons-at-yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: Tx and Rx questions [TANKS]
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:51:45 +1000 (EST)

Hi mac & Wendy

My experience with flying RC planes you can use
different Rx but must have maching crystals.

That is TX would be say 34 sanwa the Rx would have to
be 34 as well but in the same brand of Rx(hi etc,
futada,etc )otherwise funny things happened.

all best Kev
--- Marc en Wendy <marcmethorst-at-zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Would it matter if tx and rx are not the same brand?
> For example: my StuG uses a Sanwa set up. Can I use
> my Sanwa tx together with a new (lets say) Futaba rx
> that is mounted in another tank (with the same
> crystals of course)?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to start my
> second project but don't want to spend a lot of
> money buying the transmitter right now. Since I'll
> be using dual receivers (turret + hull) I need 2
> anyway, so I can buy one now and another complete tx
> set later.
> Using the current tx for both tanks is not an option
> since I want to be able to have both on the
> battlefield at the same time.
>
> I assume that, with the dual rx set up, you need two
> 6 channel receivers and use (for instance) 1-4 for
> the hull and 5-6 for the turret? There wouldn't be a
> way to assign channels to sticks, this is a fixed
> setting isn't it?
>
> Anyone has experience with cheap receivers?
> Modelcraft sells 6 channel receivers for only 39,95
> euro (about 40 dollar I guess) but I doubt if the
> are ok in terms of interference and reliability
> (running them on 7,2 V and so on).
>
> Marc

On Yahoo!7
Dating: It's free to join and check out our great singles!
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/personals