From: Milenko <milenko-at-king-nerd.com>
Subject: Battery questions [TANKS]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:30:50 -0400

Hey all,

Just wondering how changing/charging batteries work on the battlefield.  I know that
batteries can be moved around on the battlefield by supply vehicles, but is there
enough time to charge batteries during the day or do I need enough batteries to make
it through the entire day?  It would seem to me that I'd need quite a stack of
batteries if there isn't a chance to charge any up.

Also, is there normally AC power available near the battlefield?  Should I get a
charger that can run on DC and use my car to charge the tanks batteries?

One last question:  I was cruising ebay looking at gell cells and there are some
people selling giant (~100AH) batteries made to go in UPS's.  Is it better to get
two of these (I'm going to run 24v) and try to charge them in the tank between
battles and run the whole day that way, or get several sets of smaller batteries and
have to change them out?  Has anyone had problems with the gell cells dieing from
continually charging them up and then draining them down to almost nothing?  I
thought that doing that was very bad for gell cells/lead acid batteries and that
deep cycle batteries would work better for such an application.

Jeremy "newb" Adams