From: John De Villiers <bbj-at-plz.co.za>
Subject: RE: Car Starters [TANKS]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:15:19 +0200

Use a seperate FAN, When the motors stop, so does the cooling.
Some motorbike (KZ1300 comes to mind) starter motors dont have funny
bearings and stuff to worry about. They use centrifugal clutches to
engage the starter. Theyre lower power ( mine only sucks 45A at full
load ), but that is still plenty. At full load a 18AH battery lasts
about 10 minutes, and that thick wire connected to it start smoking. I
know this fist hand  ;-)