From: "Dave McGrath" <blackj2ck-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: New Sherman on the way [TANKS]
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:51:55 +0000

Actually the polycrilic is a finish, same idea as the stuff for floors and
desk tops.

Yeah the glass got a little messy, i'm not used to this small of glassing,
mostly all i have done before was on a boat.

Yeah the sprockets are a little bigger then they should be, i am going to
use a belt idea so the pieces are a little bigger then scale.

Yes for sure you can cast the holes for the pins if your casting seperate
track pieces. Aswell if your using a metal pin to go between tracks this can
be cast in aswell. You have to use plaster to fill the hole or it will
likely not come out after casting.

I was thinking of casting all the track sections but due to work i have no
way to do this, i no longer have the time. I am going to use Steve's track
design and wood, easier and alot faster.

Check out this guys site, he cast over 200 pieces for his tracks, plus he
was using void casting and making the forms out of plaster paris and talc
powder. Definitly more detail then you could ever get with lost foam.
http://www.technogap.com/trackmaking.htm

Dave.

http://www3.telus.net/davesdungeon/