From: Björn Wallentinus <bjorn.wallentinus-at-abc.se>
Subject: RE: [TANKS] anything new ideas in the suspension area?
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:36:10 +0100

I'm buildning a Panzer IV which uses leaf springs. Two swing arms are connected to a central mount, on each swing arm there are an axle with two wheels.The two swing arms are connected with spring steel which provides the suspension. There are 4 bogie assemblies on each side of the tank.

I have some photos on my home page which might help to get the idea. Surf to http://www.laban.nu - "Panzer IV - Project" - "Parts" - "Bogie mount and road wheels". I don't have any finished units to show but the pics might help someone still. Note that I'm buildning a scale replica so the design might be simplified a bit if you are not going for scale looks.

Regards Björn
Stockholm, Sweden