From: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt-at-rocketmail.com>
Subject: RE: Can't stop reading. [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:39:23 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, if you consider $65 for the radio, $50 for the conversion, and at least $20 in shipping costs, you're at $125.  So, a little cheaper, but not by much.  The newer radio would also come with a warranty.

Derek

toast <toast-at-shadowsofchange.com> wrote:
Bellow is what Airtronics sent me:

>We can still convert a vanguard from 72 to 75mhz. It must be a FM system. We can not do AM. The cost would >be about 50.00. You must send in your transmitter and receiver.
>The manual, we may still have one. Ask for the manual when you send in your equipment.
>Airtronics Info

Guess the other gentleman was right to say that cost of this unit plus conversion just about equals a new unit.  I asked them about doing the conversion myself but they didnít comment at all on that.

Kevin ďalways trying to cut cornersĒ Adams