From: "Douglas Shannon" <professor03-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Velcro for Covers... [TANKS]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 08:46:32 -0500

>Jeremy wrote:
>
>  Im sure your all tired of me asking questions, hehe, but I was just
>thinking if a good quality velcro could be used to hold down the top turret
>cover on my tiger 1.

The only thing I can think of that might cause a problem would be a failure
in the adhesive.
And that can be side stepped by drilling a bunch of pin holes under the
velcro patch and actually stitching it on with carpet thread; I've done
similar with nylon strap and plastic for SCA armor and it holds up fairly
well.

Silvester